PetPlayGround
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article - All about Dogs (Do not post your comment here)

Go down

Article - All about Dogs (Do not post your comment here) Empty Article - All about Dogs (Do not post your comment here)

Post by bohr Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:25 am

If you come across some interesting article about birds post it here or if you want to share your experince and knowledge about birds welcome and post your article here.(subject for approval from moderator)
bohr
bohr

Back to top Go down

Article - All about Dogs (Do not post your comment here) Empty Am I ready for a dog?

Post by bohr Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Many times, when you visit a pet shop and spotted a cute dog, your first thought come to your mind is, buy that cute dog! That how pet shop make money from you. Display some cute dogs and hopefully the dog can capture your heart. Another famous quote that I hear from pet shop customer is "let save the dog".

Let face it, today you save a dog tomorrow they will bring in another 10 puppies. How many can you save?

It is rather important for you to think at least 3 times why you get a dog. Why do you want a dog?
Just because it is cute? because my friend have it? I am bored?

Dog have a life span of around 10 years, ask yourself this, where will I be 10 years from now? Do I have time to take care of the dog everyday for 10 years?

Dog need regular exercise, love and attention. You need a big compound if you plan to get big breed such as Doberman, GSD, Rottweiler and others. It sadden me to see my neighbor cage her dalmation all the time. Dalmation is a very active dog that need a lot of exercise. They can be naughty and stubborn if they are not trained.

As a conclusion, if you still want to get a puppy, write down 10 reason why you want to have a puppy and evaluate each reason carefully.

Be a responsible owner! Give your dog good food and send him/her to training school.
bohr
bohr

Back to top Go down

Article - All about Dogs (Do not post your comment here) Empty Toilet Train A Dog

Post by bohr Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:10 pm

There is a lot of difference between a toilet trained dog and a non-toilet trained dog. Many cases where owner disown the dog because it is too naughty ! it poo everywhere ! too noisy! .
All these are common problem of a new dog. However, if you train your dog, you will not face these problems.

Let talk about toilet training for your dog/puppy.

The important thing that you need to know about training dog are timing. Once you bring back your puppy, you need to set where he should poo. Once he poo at that particular spot, he will always go back there. Thus, crate your puppy at that place until he finish his business then only play with the puppy.

Do make sure you follow the timing straightly. Normally puppy will poo after eating and after they wake up.

Of course, do expect accident to happen. Puppy are not machine after all.

Sometimes, you might have to crate it to force it to poo at that particular spot. Give a lot of encouragement or even food after it have poo at the right place.

Happy training!
bohr
bohr

Back to top Go down

Article - All about Dogs (Do not post your comment here) Empty Re: Article - All about Dogs (Do not post your comment here)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down