PetPlayGround
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my lovebirds

+2
mondayblueblue
ethan
6 posters

Go down

my lovebirds Empty my lovebirds

Post by ethan Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:00 am

Here are pics of all my lovely, adorable lovebirds. They are all supertame and they make wonderful pets. For small species they are my favourites.
my lovebirds 3_fren11
my lovebirds Mask_114
my lovebirds P1020710
my lovebirds Mask_l10
my lovebirds Keewee10
my lovebirds Kewee_10
my lovebirds Ok_scr10

ethan

Back to top Go down

my lovebirds Empty Re: my lovebirds

Post by mondayblueblue Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:44 pm

beautiful you have, are you a breeder?
mondayblueblue
mondayblueblue

Back to top Go down

my lovebirds Empty tame love bird

Post by ethan Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:07 am

Yes, just sort of a hobby. what birds do you have? my favourites for the small species are lovebirds cos if they are handfed, they will be very tame and attach to owner and they will alway fly to you when called., I have budgies too, but even though handfed they are not so attach to human.

click the link to see how a pet lovebird reacts when called. cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr0k6Vt_NI4

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Erithacus Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:48 pm

What a lovely love birds you have. Good to see you don't wing clip them. Smile
Erithacus
Erithacus

Back to top Go down

Post by haze Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:37 pm

ethan wrote:Yes, just sort of a hobby. what birds do you have? my favourites for the small species are lovebirds cos if they are handfed, they will be very tame and attach to owner and they will alway fly to you when called., I have budgies too, but even though handfed they are not so attach to human.

click the link to see how a pet lovebird reacts when called. cheers
hi! beautiful collection u got there. do u sell them?
haze
haze

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:20 pm

yes i do, cant keep all of them. Sad .
recently i have beautiful ruby red eye peachface. Hard to come by.
my lovebirds P1030010

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Erithacus wrote:What a lovely love birds you have. Good to see you don't wing clip them. Smile

if i clip their wings then they cannot fly to me Smile then its not good, but have to be real careful with windows doors and ceiling fan. I let loose all my birds when at home. its great to have 10 to 15 birds all over you.

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by bohr Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:17 pm

wow, that is so nice. Can imagine all the bird fly to me
bohr
bohr

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:32 am

yes it really nice to have plenty of tame birds. makes you happy just watching them play. and playing with them. see this video clip and tell me me is this two in love or what Question Laughing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxhUuG5Dy4o

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Erithacus Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:23 am

ethan wrote:
Erithacus wrote:What a lovely love birds you have. Good to see you don't wing clip them. Smile

if i clip their wings then they cannot fly to me Smile then its not good, but have to be real careful with windows doors and ceiling fan. I let loose all my birds when at home. its great to have 10 to 15 birds all over you.

The only place I can experience that is at KL Bird Park. I notice that your CAG is wing clipped. Is it?
Erithacus
Erithacus

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:43 am

Erithacus wrote:
ethan wrote:

The only place I can experience that is at KL Bird Park. I notice that your CAG is wing clipped. Is it?

No all my pet birds wings are not clip, cags, cockatoos, and all my small bird. but when the big guy fly over to me OMG affraid i will dive under the table. Laughing their grip are very tight with their sharp nails and their beak trying to cling to you, if 1 its ok, but sometime all 5 will come together...i hope you know what i mean. problem is if i let loose 1 i gotta let loose all. if i only play with 1 bird, the others will start shrieking to be let out. but luckily for me all my birds can get along small and big. even the small lovebird can share food with the big cockatoo and cag.
sometimes i wonder if i should clips their wings or not...whats your opinion??

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Thats the reason why, even i have big birds like cag, too, conure, electus, these small lovebirds are still my favourites. they are ever so gentle that if 15 of them is all over you, its ok, and you have this nice feelings that they are all over you, nibbling and playing...,but not the biggies. they are heavy, rough and demanding. I guess like all bird lovers, every one of us wish we have many types birds in our collection, right? but not all birds are nice to play with. Previously i own quite a number of species, but now cutting down to only my favourites, ie the CAG and the lovebirds. I hope that i can end up having 1 dozen Supertame Cag, and loads of Supertame Lovebirds. as for the other species i might just keep 1 each.
watch this clip. its my 2 yr old grandson feeding the latest baby cag. this cag will be under his charge and grow up with him. and the other are my latest weaning lovebird babies.
enjoy and cheers to all cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5jzQUOgxyA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA7Sfrz2AhY

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Erithacus Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Birds are born to fly. Let them be. Flighted birds are a lot more fun to play with. They display their true character if they are flighted.
I think you know better than me. Smile
Erithacus
Erithacus

Back to top Go down

Post by Erithacus Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:06 pm

ethan wrote:Thats the reason why, even i have big birds like cag, too, conure, electus, these small lovebirds are still my favourites. they are ever so gentle that if 15 of them is all over you, its ok, and you have this nice feelings that they are all over you, nibbling and playing...,but not the biggies. they are heavy, rough and demanding. I guess like all bird lovers, every one of us wish we have many types birds in our collection, right? but not all birds are nice to play with. Previously i own quite a number of species, but now cutting down to only my favourites, ie the CAG and the lovebirds. I hope that i can end up having 1 dozen Supertame Cag, and loads of Supertame Lovebirds. as for the other species i might just keep 1 each.
watch this clip. its my 2 yr old grandson feeding the latest baby cag. this cag will be under his charge and grow up with him. and the other are my latest weaning lovebird babies.
enjoy and cheers to all cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5jzQUOgxyA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA7Sfrz2AhY

Don't you afraid your cag would chew away the wooden frames of the cage one day?
Erithacus
Erithacus

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:46 pm

i only let them in the outdoor aviary when i am around. rest of the time they will be in the house or in their steel cages. This i gotta ask you. Is airconditioning ok for bird? Question when i let my bird in the house i cant switch on the ceiling fan nor can i keep windows and doors open, so the only choice i have is to on the airconditioning for the whole house, as the weather nowadays is terrible. and my birds spend most of their time in the house then outside. i can only let them play outdoor only when i am free. like right now while browsing there are about 16 birds all over the table my shoulder, my head, on the pc monitor..everywhere and they come and go. like you say they are flighted creatures so cant keep them in cages all the time. In fact they seldom stays in their cage especially the small lovebirds, i mount a lot of perches at my storeroom, so when the lights goes out they will all spend the night there. only the big guys are in the cages at night. cant trust them to be free. Laughing

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Erithacus Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:12 am

I am not sure if air conditioning is fine to the fids. As along as they feel comfortable and is not 24/7, I think it should be alright.

Hard to find a good owner like you. Most prefer to clip or chain their birds.
cheers
Erithacus
Erithacus

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:05 am

Erithacus wrote:I am not sure if air conditioning is fine to the fids. As along as they feel comfortable and is not 24/7, I think it should be alright.

Hard to find a good owner like you. Most prefer to clip or chain their birds.
cheers

i think both of us share the same interest of having flighted pets. if their wings are clip...no more fun playing with them, but with unclipped wings..just imagine when i come home even as the auto gate open, i can hear my birds calling out, big and small..believe me they know and when i enter the house most of them will fly over, so i have to wear a hat upon entering my house. funny thing is they react this way to me but not my wife, and she the one who handfed each and everyone of them. Surprised
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3s0FVRd-lk

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Erithacus Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:02 am

WOW! Your lovebirds fly to you on command. So much better than my Grey. My Grey is a bit stubborn unless I have food for her.
Any videos of your bigger birds?
Erithacus
Erithacus

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:42 pm

most of the lovebird if handfed behaves this way.they will fly to you. Anyway all those babies are all with their new owners. i will only have new wean babies in another 3 or 4 weeks, which are all supertame. and recently i have very nice peachface with Ruby Red Eye. I will update their pis and video when then start to fly.
my cag also can fly to me if gesture it to come, but i dont really like it, cos its too big and the grip What a Face
Anyway it will be with new owner, this coming friday.
so now my aviary is quite empty except for breeding pairs,which are laying eggs at the moment, hopefully by chinese new year i will have 40 to 50 supertame babies,if i dont sell them.

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by teddybear229 Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:18 pm

can open bird farm already!
can see your bird cage set up?

teddybear229

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:38 am

teddybear229 wrote:can open bird farm already!
can see your bird cage set up?

take a tour of my self made avairy, its design so that my cuties can fly out to the aviary or come into the house, through an open window. see the video. the tour start from the front of the aviary, entering is the playground for the tame birds , upon opening the second door it stores the breeding pairs..left - for greys and right for lovebirds. and you will notice an open window at the breeding section. this is where my birds travel in and out of the house.Hope you like it. Smile and thanks for viewing.
cheers cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBMaSzMsMo

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by teddybear229 Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:58 pm

very nice, you build yourself?

teddybear229

Back to top Go down

my lovebirds Empty my latest babies

Post by ethan Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:24 pm

these babies are all hatch from christmas day 2009. they are all around 4 weeks old. hopefully all of them will be fying around by month end.my lovebirds P1030011 bounce bounce bounce bounce

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by mondayblueblue Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:56 pm

look like baby chicken.
you handfeed them?
mondayblueblue
mondayblueblue

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 pm

mondayblueblue wrote:look like baby chicken.
you handfeed them?
yes , i start to handfeed from 1 week old. they may look like chicken but when they grow up they are real lovely. Very Happy also they are all very very tame Very Happy
my lovebirds Red_ey11
my lovebirds Mask_v11
my lovebirds Rep111

ethan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum