PetPlayGround
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article-All about birds(Do not post any comment here)

Go down

Article-All about birds(Do not post any comment here) Empty Article-All about birds(Do not post any comment here)

Post by bohr Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 am

If you come across some interesting article about birds post it here or if you want to share your experince and knowledge about birds welcome and post your article here.(subject for approval from moderator)

Last edited by bohr on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
bohr
bohr

Back to top Go down

Article-All about birds(Do not post any comment here) Empty 10 things that you must follow when you bring your birds home

Post by bohr Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:20 am

1) Once you bring you birds back keep it at quiet corner away from TV or high traffic area.

2) Find a location where your birds can see you. So that your birds will slowly get to know you and it's new enviroment.

3) For the first 3 - 4 days, just change the food/water and clean the cage. Try not to disturb it too much.

4) On the fourth day, you can handfeed your tame birds. Pour some seed on your hand and slowly put into the cage and wait for the birds to jump to your hand.

5) While your birds is eating make sure you do not make any sudden movement. If it fly away, repeat the process again. Patience is all you need.

6) If you want your birds to come out of the cage,open the birds cage and put your hand (with seeds) at the door of the cage and wait for the birds so come out. You should do this when your birds is hungry (in the morning or evening time)

7) You can just let the cage door open and your birds can come out and play at the same time have access to water and a safe place(inside the cage). Make sure you constantly monitor them while they come out and play.

8) Continue to handfeed your birds to make sure your birds remain tame.

9) Talk and sing to them and they will do the same to you.

10) Last, get them toys and good food ! Remember to rotate the foods and toys. If not your birds will get bored of it.
bohr
bohr

Back to top Go down

Article-All about birds(Do not post any comment here) Empty Food to feed your budgie/cockatiel

Post by bohr Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:14 am

Food is the key element if you want to keep your birds healthy.

Get quality budgie mix seed which contain a variety of seed.Available from PetPlayGround. This is to make sure they are getting adequate vitamins from different seed. You can give them some fresh food daily such as Wholegrain bread,vegetables leaves,carrot,Egg & Biscuit mix.Cuttlefish bone is a good source of calcium which budgie and cockatiel enjoy, but do keep it clean.Available from PetPlayGround

Change the food and water each day. Check the food and water levels both in the morning and evening.

Extra :- The only other thing I give my birds is fresh branches weekly. Within minutes of adding these to the aviaries the birds are busy chewing on leaves and bark and totally tearing it apart. I find it helps relieve the boredom of being confined. They spend hours climbing through the branches and playing acrobat trying to get the last leaf and plus it adds a natural look to your cage. Make sure you get the branch from healty trees without any pesticide.Fruit tree will be a good choice.

Caution :- Budgie/cockatiel de-husk the seed before they eat. Don't get fool,make sure the food bowl contain seed and not husk! You bird might just die of hunger. (Hand feeding is recommended for tame birds)
bohr
bohr

Back to top Go down

Article-All about birds(Do not post any comment here) Empty You bird want to communicate with you! (Part 1)

Post by bohr Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Don’t be ignorant thinking that birds are supposed to be in cage and you just need to feed them. Actually birds especially parrot are smart animals. They can learn trick and can even trick you to give in to his demand.
Want to learn more about your birds? Here is some general guide

1.Is my bird contented?

If you spotted your bird is grinding its beak that mean he is contented

2.Can I scratch my bird head/back?

Make sure your bird is tame and do not bite if you want to scratch your bird. If your bird put its beak on the ground, neck feathers fluffed up that mean it is requesting for a pat.

3.Why is Tom feeding Jane?

Your bird is in love. This is call regurgitating and it is a sign of mate bonding. Just like you feeding your boyfriend or girlfriend. If you bird is alone and start to throw out food to you. It shows that your bird has fall in love with you. Enjoy the bond.

4.My bird is rubbing its beak on perch/cage.

Your bird is just trying to clean its face and beak. However, it could be mites too. If unsure ask the expert.

Stay tune for more Smile
bohr
bohr

Back to top Go down

Article-All about birds(Do not post any comment here) Empty Re: Article-All about birds(Do not post any comment here)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down